30 SEPTEMBER 2008

UPDATE!!!!

I spoke to Dr. Chindia again on the phone again yesterday and he never ceases to impress me. He told me that Celestine is happy and healthy and looks great. She could easily go back to her village now but he is keeping her because he wants to see her go with new teeth as well.
---
He had mentioned to me that she could get prosthetic teeth before, but in my mind I had expected this to happen months down the road. NO! He had her fitted for them already and they will be ready on Thursday, or Friday at the latest.
---
Celestine will be back home by Saturday at the latest, not only without a tumor that has defined her for eight years, but with the best smile in Kenya! Dr. Chindia's words to me were, "I want to to see her go home with teeth. If she has new teeth she will feel good about herself and will therefore heal faster as well." He was also laughing with me when I told him how her father had jumped up and down two times before running out of the house with joy over the news that Maurice gave him.
---
Dr. Chindia, you are amazing!

No comments: